Practice herbalism with precision.
What is the Advanced Clinical Year?
The Verse Advanced Clinical Mentorship is for western herbal medicine students who have graduated from a herbal medicine program or school and are looking for mentors to support their new clinical practice.
This Advanced Clinical Mentorship is a foundation for new clinicians to gain hours for their American Herbalist Guild (AHG) Registered Herbalist (RH) certification, or just to add new insights in their own clinical experience. In this program, you will get to be a fly on the wall with two seasoned Clinical Herbalists, Laura Ash and Kelsey Barrett.
You will observe the clinical sessions that Laura and Kelsey hold, supporting Verse’s free clinic. After sitting through the clinical session, we will discuss what is going on with the client through the lens of Western Herbal Energetics, Ayurvedic Doshas, taking in all of the testing and diagnosis that the client has brought in with them.
After we discuss, we will gather again a week later to discuss the client herbal and lifestyle protocol based on the research that was done the week prior. We will host two clients and two discussion sessions per month.
Is the Advanced Clinical Year right for me?
Are you a graduate herbalist that is looking for mentorship in clinical practice?
Verse wants to support your goals in becoming a grounded Clinical Herbalist by supporting your clinical skills and herbal research acumen.
Online, Interactive & Community Based
- Live synchronous Zoom classes for real time questions with teachers
- Internal Slack Channel to build community and engage in between classes
- Experiential learning through hands-on medicine making projects
What will I learn in the Advanced Clinical Year?
We will discuss:
- How to sit in session with clients
- How to use appropriate legal language when assessing symptoms and patterns of disease
- How to use clinical notes and organizing client sessions
- What research outlets are trusted for alternative medicine data
- How to craft a protocol with high compliance
- What alternative testing is available for herbalists, or what tests to request from the client
- How to craft client follow-up cadence
- When to use vitamin and mineral supplementation
- How to read: hair mineral test, hormone panels, & blood tests
- Creating herbal formulas based on energetics of plants
- Every Thursday, April - October with July off
- First and third Thursday, 5-8pm, 2nd and 4th Thursday, 5-7pm PT
- No live classes on National Holidays
How much does the certification cost?
The investment for the Advanced Clinical Herbalist Certification is $1800 USD. We offer an in-house payment plan (6 monthly payments of $315).
Paypal credit (6-month plan, interest-free) is also available directly at checkout.
Who teaches the Advanced Clinical Year?
Proud Member of the
American Herbalist Guild
Our certification hours are eligible to be applied towards the American Herbalist Guild's Associate Herbalist and Registered Herbalists memberships.
What's included in the Advanced Clinical Year?
LIVE SESSIONS WITH VIDEO REPLAY
Each class is available as a video replay to rewatch as many times as you'd like. So, when you register for VERSE class, you never have to worry about missing a moment of learning.
RENOWNED TEACHERS + HEALERS
Exclusive classes and workshops created by Registered Herbalists, Holistic Practitioners, Professional Divination Readers, Working Artists, and Sacred Space Holders.
6 MONTH ACCESS TO ALL MATERIALS
We understand life happens and you might need some time to get through our rich learning content. That's why you have 6 months access to class materials to review at your leisure.